Radiation Protection Surveys
When are radiation protection surveys ("surveys of the environs") required?
- Upon receiving notification from the N.J. Department of Environmental Protection, Bureau of Radiological Health that a Radiation Survey is needed (for facilities outside New Jersey, these recommendations are applicable, but may not be required)
- When existing x-ray equipment has been moved
- If existing shielding has been modified
- After installing new or used x-ray equipment
Radiation Safety Surveys: Service Details
- Physicist will perform Radiographic Surveys and Fluoroscopic Surveys on your x-ray equipment in full compliance with all State and FDA regulations
- Service fee is $300.00 per hour - Three hour minimum for site visits (no additional fee for travel)
- Routine service is 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., however, other times are available upon request
- Physicist will prepare a handwritten, unofficial report during each visit and leave you a photocopy
- We can provide a copy of your survey to the N.J. Department of Environmental Protection, Bureau of Radiological Health on your behalf if requested
To Schedule Service
Please complete the appropriate proposal form below, then print and fax the signed form to 908-788-6757:
We will contact you as soon as possible to set up an appointment to accommodate your needs.
See also: Radiographic & Chiropractic Surveys, Dental & Veterinary Surveys